Currently, Windows 10 is the latest version of the Windows operating system provided by Microsoft. However, most people still prefer Windows 7 due to its simplicity, attractiveness, and ease of access. This version of the operating system is available in both 32 bit and 64 bit systems. Nonetheless, you need a Windows 7 serial key or a product key to activate it after installation. An activated Windows operating system will enable you to enjoy all its features in its entirety.
Windows 10 has become widely available but it leaves very few copies of Windows 7 in the market. Therefore, you have a higher probability to get a working Windows 7 product key for either 32 or 64 bit systems.
How to Get Windows 7 Serial Key for 32bit/64bit?
To begin with, a Windows 7 product key consists of 25 characters that contain alphanumeric characters. The characters are separated by hyphens in sets of 5. Therefore, it looks something like this – XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.
Here are some of the ways through which you can easily get a working Windows 7 license key.
- Buying a Genuine copy of Windows 7 either from a store or purchasing it online
- Using a laptop pre-installed with Windows 7
- Downgrade your new and existing Windows 8 or 10 to Windows 7 through Microsoft’s official website.
There are some methods to activate Windows 7 suggested by various users on the Internet. Some instruct to use a Windows 7 keygen or Windows 7 product key generator. However, these programs rarely work and may even contain viruses or malware. Therefore, you should refrain from using such programs to protect your computer.
Windows 7 Activation Keys
Here, we have provided some product keys that may or may not work. If these do not work, try the next one available on the list. Since they have been shared below, some key may not work if it has been already used by another user.
Before you go through the lists, make sure to turn off the Windows update by following the instructions below.
- Press the Windows logo button on your keyboard. Next, type ‘windows update’ and press Enter.
- On the left-hand side, click on Check for Updates. Now, you should see an option for ‘Never Check for Updates’.
- Click on it and save the changes being made.
- Thereafter, exit the window.
Now, try the product keys for the version of Windows 7 that is installed in your system.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Product Keys
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit Product Keys
Windows 7 Starter Product Keys
Windows 7 Home Basic Product Keys
Windows 7 Home Premium Product Keys
Windows 7 Professional Product Keys
Windows 7 Enterprise Product Keys
How to Activate Windows 7 without Product Keys?
Alternatively, there are some methods through which you can activate your Windows without a product key. Thus, try out one of the solutions provided below to do so.
Solution 1 – Rename Key Activation File
All Windows operating systems have a special key activation file in their installation folder. This is used to activate Windows either online or by matching the key with its own internal database. However, this database is not available for us to see. Therefore, you can simply rename or delete the file to activate Windows 7.
Hence, follow the steps provided below.
- First, head over to the directory where you have installed Windows. By default, it is the C directory. Hence, press Windows + E buttons on your keyboard at the same time. Then, go to the installed directory.
- Now, head over to the folder named Windows. Next, navigate and go to the System32 folder.
- Thereafter, find and locate the file called ‘slui.exe’. You can also search for it by typing its name on the top-right search bar.
- Right-click on this program and then click Rename. Now, type in any name that you want. After that, click on Continue when it prompts for confirmation.
- Lastly, restart your system and you should have an activated version of Windows 7.
In case this doesn’t work, then you have to delete this file. However, you need Admin privileges to do so. Therefore, follow the steps below to access the Administrator account.
- Press the Windows logo button to start the Start menu. Here, type ‘cmd’ and right-click on Command Prompt.
- Choose Run as Administrator. Next, type ‘net user administrator /active: yes and press Enter.
- Wait for the process to be completed and close the program. Next, press the Windows logo button along with the letter ‘L’.
- Now, click on Switch User and log in to the Administrator account. Then, navigate to C: Windows and go to the System32 folder.
- Now, find and delete the ‘slui.exe’ file from the system. Restart your computer and your Windows 7 should be activated.
Solution 2 – Use Command Prompt
Another way to activate Windows 7 without a product key is by executing a few commands. Hence, go through the steps given below.
- Press the Windows button and type ‘cmd’. Next, right-click on Command Prompt and run it as an Administrator.
- Thereafter, type ‘slmgr -rearm’ and press Enter. Next, choose Yes when it prompts for a restart.
- Once the computer restarts, open a Command prompt as an Administrator again. Type ‘slmgr -ato’ and press Enter.
Now, your Windows 7 should be working as an Activated copy of the operating system.
To summarize, one of the product keys provided above this should help you to activate the full version of Windows 7. With the latest release of Windows 10, you can easily avail Windows 7 at discounted rates. Therefore, you can purchase it at an online store to get the best deal.
Alternatively, you can easily downgrade your updated Windows to an earlier version of your choice. Microsoft has provided its users with an official way to do so.