The iTunes error 0xc000007b is a very common problem faced by many users. Due to this error, they are not able to start the iTunes application on their computer system. As a result, users cannot use the application to sync or transfer files from their Apple devices to the computers. Generally, this problem is caused due to restricted admin privileges. In addition, it can be caused due to corrupted files of the iTunes application as well. Also, an outdated device driver in the system can cause the problem as well.
Solve iTunes Error 0xc000007b with Easy Solutions:
While the iTunes error 0xc000007b is a common issue, there are various ways to fix it as well. Here, we have provided some effective solutions to help you get rid of this error. Hence, go through the solutions one by one until the problem is resolved.
Solution 1 – Update Windows OS
Incidentally, you need to make sure that your Windows is updated to the latest version. This will help to update any outdated device drivers and fix compatibility issues. Hence, follow the steps provided below to do so.
- Press the Windows button on your keyboard and type ‘Windows Update’. Thereafter, press Enter.
- Next, click on ‘Check for Updates’ from the left menu pane.
- Now, your system will start searching for available updates online. If they are available, follow the instructions on your screen to install it in your system.
Once the update is finished, your computer will automatically restart. Launch the iTunes application and check whether you’re still facing the error code.
Solution 2 – Run iTunes as an Administrator
Another easy way to fix the iTunes Error 0xc000007b is by simply launching the program as an Administrator. This will help the applications to function normally. Thus, follow the given steps to grant admin privileges.
- First, locate the application file of iTunes. It should either be on your desktop or you can search it from the Start menu.
- Right-click on the application and choose Properties. Next, head over to the Compatibility section.
- Here, select the ‘Run as Administrator’ option and save your changes. Relaunch the iTunes application and the error should not be displayed anymore.
Solution 3 – Create a New iTunes Library
Alternatively, the iTunes error 0xc000007b can occur if the iTunes library gets corrupted. Hence, you can create a new one or change the existing one to fix the problem. You can do this by following the instructions given below.
- First, you need to close the iTunes application if it is currently running. Make sure that it does not appear in the System tray. If it does, then you need to right-click on it and choose Quit to close it.
- After that, press and hold the Shift button on your keyboard. Subsequently, double click on the iTunes application to launch it in safe mode.
- Now, you will see an option to Change or Create a new Library. Hence, click on Create and follow the instructions that appear.
Thereafter, check if the error code is still appearing or not.
Solution 4 – Reinstall the iTunes Application
In case, the iTunes error 0xc000007b is still appearing, then you need to reinstall the iTunes application. For this, at first, uninstall the existing application and download a fresh one from the official website. Hence, follow the steps provided below.
1. Press the Windows button along with the letter ‘R’ at the same time. After that, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press Enter. This will open the Programs and Features window.
2. From the list of installed applications, you need to remove the following software one by one. It is important to uninstall them in the order given below.
- Apple Software Update
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- Apple Application Support 32-bit (if present)
- Apple Application Support 64-bit (if present)
3. Once all these programs have been uninstalled, restart your computer system. This will help to complete the uninstallation process. Alternatively, you can head over to the Program Files folder in C: and delete any folders related to Apple or Bonjour.
4. Now, open any web browser and go to the official website of Apple. Search and download the latest version of the iTunes application for your operating system.
5. Finally, run the downloaded program as an Administrator and follow the instructions to install the program. Thereafter, check if you are still getting the error code or not.
To conclude, you should be able to fix iTunes Error 0xc000007b on your system by following the above solutions. If you’re still facing this error, then it’s better to get in touch with an expert to get technical assistance from them.